Friday, October 23, 2009

Moments

I just returned "home" to Prague from an epic 10 day journey around Central Europe. I cannot even begin to fill you all in on every detail from my journey but lets just say I made the most of every day in Krakow, Olomouc, Auschwitz, and Vienna. There were a few specific moments that really stood out for me. Here they are.

1. Making friends with the Viennese man that sold me figs at the open air food market in Vienna.
2. Walking round Auschwitz.
3. Hearing stories of survivors from Auschwitz and marveling at their strength.
4. Seeing the shoes of all of the victims of Auschwitz.
5. Walking around Auschwitz and going into a gas chamber. I will never forget this moment of my life.
6Wine tasting in an old Czech wine cellar dug out of a cave.
7. Eating Sacher torte in a very old coffee house in Vienna with velvet benches.
6. Bonding with my fellow CET travelers.
9. Eating a Polish kilbasa in Krakow.
10. Watching the children feed the pigeons in Krakow.
11. Meeting our tall and silly Polish guide.
12. Staring at all the fashionable old men and women in Vienna with their fur coats and wood-handled umbrellas.
13. Drinking hot cocoa made of melted chocolate.
14. Spending a morning alone just walking around Vienna and shooting roles of film
15. Drinking Viennese coffee.

There were so many moments that went into making this an amazing trip. I wish I had the space to share them all with you, but I promise that slowly the stories from this journey will make their way onto this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment