Monday, September 7, 2009

Things in Prague are progressing quite well. Today I discovered a one room health food store about a block away from my flat that sells both quinoa and chickpeas. One thing I am discovering about Prague is that you can rarely find one store that has all of the little foods that you want. There is no Trader Joes here! As a result, I find myself each day discovering a shop or two that has what I am looking for.

Other things are quite different in Prague then they are in the States as well. For example, today I was walking to my 9am class and I spotted two young women standing at a street vendor eating two extremely large sausages and two huge mugs of beer. Keep in mind that it was eight thirty in the morning. Beer here in Prague is often cheaper then buying a bottle of water!

No comments:

Post a Comment