Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My first night in Prague


Well I have arrived in Praha after eleven long hours traveling to Zurich and another hour traveling to Prague. But all those hours spent on the plane were certainly worth the time I got to spend people watching. I think my newest favorite hobby is sitting in European airports and watching all the precious families walk by speaking a multitude of languages. I certainly was the awkward American sitting alone marveling at every little thing in the airport from the latte vending machine to the small cookies in the souvenir shops. All the newness of this place is still so magical for me. Every little thing I see on the street, on a person, or in the city scape is fascinating for me. I can only hope that this attitude will continue throughout my journey. 

Also, I learned my first Czech word today. "Ahoy" said my cab driver means both hello and goodbye. Somewhat like "cheers" does to the British or "chow" does to the Italians. 


No comments:

Post a Comment